Dr. Jan Tibor Lelley LL.M. is a partner with Buse Heberer Fromm in Essen, Germany, where he works exclusively on labor and employment law cases. Jan holds an LL.M. in International Business Law from Suffolk University Law School and is admitted to the Bar as certified specialist for labor and employment law (Fachanwalt für Arbeitsrecht).
With more than 14 years of professional experience Jan represents and counsels employers and HR executives at the full range of HR related legal issues. Key areas of his practice include: design of employment agreements, co-determination at the work-place, union and works council controlling, HR-focused corporate restructuring, data privacy and social media at the work-place. Jan regularly lectures on best-practice issues of Human Resources and authors numerous articles in legal journals and the business press.
Jan represents national and international clients from a broad variety of industries. Among them are many market leaders in the fields of financial services, information technology, hospitality and life science. In addition to his out-of-court practice, another important area is his in-court representation, including litigation in front of the Federal Labor Court and the European Court of Justice.
Jan has extensive experience as lead counsel and external adviser in corporate and anti-corruption investigations. He is regularly approached by international and multinational employers to render practical legal advice in corporate investigations with a cross-border focus. This includes in particular all member states of the European Union also with a strong view to the U.S. Jan is an executive member and regional chair of Transparency International, a leading anti-corruption NGO (www.transparency.org).
BUSE HEBERER FROMM is one of the large German law firms with offices in Essen and all major German business areas, dedicated to provide its national and international clients with high quality and entrepreneurial-driven legal advice for their business solutions.
The Employment Law Team of over 18 attorneys advises medium-sized enterprises and also stock-listed companies in all areas of individual and collective labor and employment law.
Firm Practice Areas
Buse Heberer Fromm is a full service firm. Its labor and employment law practice covers:
- Design of corporate structures under the co-determination legislation (Mitbestimmungsgesetze)
- Counseling and representation in conciliation board proceedings under the Works Constitution Act
- Counseling and representation regarding reorganization and redundancy measures
- Consultation and representation regarding negotiations of collective bargaining agreements
- Settlement of interest and social plan procedures
- Advice on company pension plans
- Advice on cross-border assignments for executive staff and employees
- In-court presentation in front of the labor courts including the European Court of Justice